Monday, August 29, 2011

Happy Birthday Lynn!

When I began praying for a husband and the qualities that I wanted, I really did think to myself on numerous occasions “Am I ever going to find him?” Honestly, I was completely satisfied with my life. I was single, living in a huge city, studying in college and ok with where I was. When I moved back to Arkansas I realized there was still something missing. I knew deep down inside though, I eventually wanted to get married, have children and have the house with the white picket fence, but I was also ok with the fact that if God did not want me to marry then that was his will and plan for my life.

When I met L, and we began dating, I realized all those qualities in which I had prayed for in a husband were in him, but I thought to myself “a man doesn’t just get these; someone has to teach boys this”. Soon after I meant Lynn {little did I know then he would soon become my FIL} I saw in Lynn where L got this from.
Today Lynn celebrated his birthday. L and I are continually blessed by him and his 34 years of marriage to L’s mom. They together inspire us, demonstrate love, compassion, and are complete genuine people to both L and I. L and I are so blessed to have them in our lives and continue to encourage us as newlyweds.
Lynn has instilled in L and his older brother Bryan, qualities and attributes that still amaze me. I We thank God for him today and we thank him also for the example and leadership he has set and continues to set each and every day.



King of the Grill.

The Men!

Beautiful!

My FIL with his "Children"

Happy Birthday Lynn! Thank you for your example {and Son!} J

lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment