Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Praying Continually...

Prayer
When I was a little, I remember every night before I went to bed my Mom and I would say my prayers. “Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep, if I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take”. Mostly I would say it out of repetition, because 1) I was small and 2) I had yet to have that relationship with Christ, though still small I began to understand this concept.

What is Prayer?

According to Webster, Prayer is all of the following:  {1}: an address (as a petition) to God or a god in word or thought {2}: a set order of words used in praying b: an earnest request or wish {3}: the act or practice of praying to God or a god.
"The word "Prayer" is frequently used among believers and non-believers, but what exactly does it mean? Most of us have a concept of prayer that is limited to supplication for our needs with the expectation that a Higher Power will intervene in our lives and do for us what we are unable to do for ourselves. Yes, this is one way of understanding prayer, but it is not all that prayer is. Like many other values, our understanding of prayer is filtered and shaped by our experiences." {Source: Hunffington Post}
Little did I know that when I was small, saying my prayers; I was developing a relationship with Christ.  If I never spoke to L or listened to anything he told me or said our marriage would very quickly dissipate. This is the same concept with Christ. If we never speak to him with Prayer our relationshp will disapear and be non-existence.
"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus" {1 Thessalonians 5:16-18}.
Prayer Requests:
1.       My long time friend MK. She was diagnosed with breast cancer last week, and after her PET Scan they found a tumor in her reproductive area. I’m not sure of her faith.
2.        My Mom G. She is doing quite well after she had surgery on Monday. A Full recovery is in store.
3.       Some high school friends T and J Ledbetter, he lost his dad last night due to a heart attack.
4.       Lucy Krull {read her mom’s blog here}
5.       Sarah Fries {read her blog here}
"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express" {Romans 8:26}
WOW! I have Spirit that intercedes for me. Who helps me in all my weaknesses, and who knows already whats going on in my life and what I am going to be praying for. All in order to bring Glory and Honor to God!
.
Lucy

1 comment:

  1. Lucy, I found your blog and am now a follower! You should check out ours...brittanyanddenver.blogspot.com

    We are praying for the Ledbetters too!

    ReplyDelete