Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Little Piece of My Heart!

So if you know me, you know I have a huge heart for CHINA and ORPHANS. Did you know  that there is estimated to be around 163 MILLION orphans in the world today? So today I want you to meditate on what I'm about to say. I have been immensely blessed as I have been to China a couple of different times, and have acquired a true understanding of how BLESSED we are, not only as a nation but also as Christians and individuals. Often times I wonder why God gave ME this wonderful life? I look to the scriptures but My HEART aches for the orphans. Exodus 22:23 “He hears the cries of the orphan”. I find peace with that.

I love kids, I really do. They make me laugh so much and definitely bring out the kid inside me. I want a ton of Kids, maybe NOT like 19 and Counting.. HA! and L might not be ok with that.. But I love their sweet, innocent, faces, how they cuddle, and ask questions, their little voices and the random things they say. I know there are SO many women out there that are unable to conceive children; and they long and pray for that. Adoption might not be WHAT they want, but I tell you after you work, see, fall in love with one I'm certain your heart will be change. L and I HOPE to adopt from China one day. Let this picture resinate!
 
There is a great Collaborative Movement coming to NWA called The IDEA CAMP! This is a movement focusing on Orphan Care and the Church. They will facilitate fresh, honest and trans- formative conversations with leading thinkers and practitioners on topics including US & International care, community development, trafficking of orphans, adoption, foster care, child sponsorship, HIV/AIDS, special needs, cross-cultural & religious dynamics to care, and many more. Idea Camp's desire is to live life as God’s loving expressions of grace and hope to our world through tangible acts of care for orphans.
Please watch this video. http://vimeo.com/18314248!

“He blesses those who provide for the orphan" Deuteronomy 14:29
 
Lucy

 


No comments:

Post a Comment