Tuesday, March 29, 2011

What do you Fear?

Today, I’m not feeling the creativeness nor engaging in writing about the happenings in the political realm that I usually write about... It’s rainy and cold outside, and honestly I would love to me at home cuddled up with L and Cotton {our Kitten} with a movie and some Chick-Fil-A! J

I will drink my tea and push on though because today I feel a need to discuss my fears. We all know how obsessed I am with Politics and World Affairs, and after reading Drudge Report today. Man this world is becoming a DISASTER! So today’s topic: What do you fear?  Let's first begin with the worst...
1.      Snakes:
I don’t just Hate, I loathe SNAKES. I fear going to Zoo’s because I know they are always represented. I fear mowing the lawn, because one might cross my path. I fear swimming in the Lake because…well that’s where they live! I have not had a real close encounter with one, though I do not EVER want to. They are gross, weird, sneaky, quiet, and mean creatures and they remind me of the devil. J (After all he was represented by a Serpent)
2.      Failing:

Yes you read that right FAILING. To fail is a fear of mine. I think this is why God did not make me a competitive sports enthusiast, because if I partook in any sport at a competitive level, and lost at what I knew I did best… I would never engage in any sport again. Even though I know they say “Failure is the best Medicine”.

3.      Fearing the Unknown : The End Times/Eternity:
Now, I know you’re probably thinking. What? Though if you really think about it, can our human minds rap our head around “ETERNITY”? I mean I start to think about it, then I get lost in thoughts like “Who made God”, “How did he have an idea to make earth” “I just want children, what happens if the rapture happens before then”? These are deep questions that I could go on and on about but really just need a 1-800-call-heaven. HA! Though I hold these verses close to my heart! I think majority of this comes from a perspective of fearing the unknown, and me wanting to KNOW everything!
1.      I will FEAR no Evil: Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. (Psalm 23:4)
2.      I will HELP you: For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. (Isaiah 41:13)
3.      Be STRONG and Courageous: Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. (Deuteronomy 31:6)
4.      PEACE I leave with you: Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. (John 14:27)
5.      Of Whom Shall I be AFRAID?: The Lord is my light and my salvation--whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life--of whom shall I be afraid? (Psalm 27:1)

I could continue with a multitude of irrational thoughts on fears, though I think I’ll stop here. It is becoming more and more of a reality that I have nothing to fear, even though I have everything to Life FOR. This life is short and we are not promised tomorrow. So quit FEARING and LIVE!

Lucy   

No comments:

Post a Comment