Monday, February 7, 2011

and so it has begun!

So my first blog post EVER! Ha! I'm fairly new to the "Blogging World", although I do read many. I've always said "I don't have time to Blog" and made random excuses really not to, although after reading several on a daily basis, I decided I should now make time! I just really hope I can keep up to date with "Blogging" everyday, that is my goal anyways.

A little about me. I am a newlywed. I married my best friend who I am proud to call my husband on October 9th of 2010... The BEST day of my life!  Crazy fact about us: We dated for 3.5 months before we got engaged, and we were engaged for 17.0 months; and since May 5th of 2009 we have not spent a day apart, and although it sounds bizarre, I'm not sick of him yet! :) He's a great spiritual leader, AMAZING Golfer, so humble,  has much wisdom and is the most loyal person you will ever meet,  I thank God for him everyday. I LOVE HIM!

I was born and raised in a normal size town in the "Natural State". I grew up Southern Baptist and even had a dance at our reception! :)  I feel in love with POLITICS after volunteering for a Governor's campaign, which was followed by working for the 3rd district Congressman and the moving to Washington D.C. to work in the White House for the Bush Administration. So yup you guessed it.. I'm a devout REPUBLICAN!
So because of this, I read a lot.. mostly political happenings and current affiars issues. (Hence: Politics and Polka-Dots.)

I am a creative person or at least I like to think I am. I love to paint... Anything really, Murals, Canvases, Nursery's or Kid's Rooms. After my Niece was born I fell in love with POLKA-DOTS. Her Nursery was majority Polka- Dot and thus began my love for them.

So now you know me. Sorta. I'm already begining to think what tomorrow's post will bring. Ha! It's so addicting already and I've just begun.. my life that is.. in a blog!

"It is impossible to govern the world without God and the Bible"- George Washington

Lucy

2 comments:

  1. Love your First Blog Post Lucy! Now I finally have a way to keep up with you two. Im looking forward to more of your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogland. I promise not to stalk or be a meddling mil :).

    ReplyDelete