Monday, March 21, 2011

Vaction that I don't get to go on?

I often refer to Life as a Game that I am lucky enough to “Play” in. Why a Game? A Game because according to Webster a game is classified as an activity engaged in for diversion or amusement: (2) a procedure or strategy for gaining, or (3) a physical or mental competition conducted. A game = all of the above. If you ask any of my DC roommates, they will begin to tell you many stories in which I referenced “Playing Politics” or “Playing Tourist”. Life is short, Play and make the most of it.


President Barack Obama waves to the people gathered on the street outside the Ciudad de Deus (City of God) favela Community Center in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Sunday, March 20, 2011. (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)
 
So in light of “Playing President”, According to Yahoo news (read it here) “President Barack Obama “played grand tourist” to Rio de Janeiro's vivid extremes on Sunday, motorcading from brilliant beaches to a notorious slum even as he monitored U.S. military strikes in faraway Libya.” Wait… Really?  So President Obama is with his entire family in Latin America for Vacation, when Japan is in ruins and Guddafi is about to kill all his people off, and as of November 2010, the Air Force said it costs a staggering $181,757 PER HOUR (read it here) to operate Air Force One and that’s before Crude Oil Increased? Also did you know that Obama has visited more than 26 countries (some more than once) in his first two years in office?
Another point I would love to make is that he was in Brazil speaking on expanding business ties and creating more jobs… Last time I checked the unemployment rate in the US was 9.5% in February 2011 (Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics).  Why are we trying to promote jobs in Brazil when we need Jobs in the US?
If I am ever President of the United States, someone please never let me take advantage of the tax payers dollars!


Lucy

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree on the "playing".. I have always said that the job of president is just that of a puppet. He's only the front man.. none of these ideas are his own. There are other people behind the scenes telling him where to go and what to do.. but I know you know more about this so I will continue to read your VERY Fascinating Blogs...

    ReplyDelete